Throughout the process

  • You’ll get unlimited phone and e-mail support from a divorce professional

  • You’ll get detailed, easy-to-follow instructions

  • You won’t have to concern yourself with following the legal process correctly – as we do that for you. We manage all aspects of your application right up until the day of your divorce

  • You will have to attend court on the day of your divorce – but we will tell you exactly what to expect

Who Can Use Easy Divorce

So for us to be able to assist all that we require is that you satisfy the minimum requirements under Irish Law:

  • Have been separated for at least 2 of the last 3 years

  • One party must be a resident in the state for the last 12 months

  • Provisions must be made for any dependent members of the family

  • There must be no prospect of reconciliation

As long as you satisfy the above we can help you. If you require specific legal services as part of your divorce, for example, property transfers, we can still assist you with your divorce application and recommend our legal associates to assist with any other specific legal requirements.

Explanation of Documents

There are a number of documents which might be required as part of your divorce application. Only some will be applicable to your set of circumstances. We have tried to explain each of them briefly below:

This is essentially the basis of your divorce application. Key information contained in it would be items like when you got married, when you got separated, where you live etc.
This sets out the provisions made for any dependent children. This is signed by the applicant in the proceedings and sets out the details of care for the child(ren) at the date of signing. Basic information would be items such as where the child lives, whether he / she attends school, any maintenance paid etc.
This must be filed by all applicants and sets out there financial position as at the date of signing. Details include all assets, liabilities, incomes and outgoings. It is also preferable for a respondent to file an Affidavit of Means and in many cases the courts will insist on them doing so – we can do this free of charge.
In most cases this will not be necessary. However, in circumstances where you and your spouse continue to reside in the same house its possible the courts may look for some proof.
This is a court appearance request by the applicant at which the Respondent does not have to attend. We normally use it in cases where permission is sought to serve papers abroad.
This normally accompanies an Ex-Parte Docket. It is used to support an application to the courts. Normally this would used by the Applicant to support the fact that he was aware of the Respondent’s address
This document is used to advise pension companies that a pension order is being sought.
This is a court order that requires a pension company to amend certain entitlements as set out. We normally use this to effectively remove one beneficiary by way of a ‘Nominal’ Order.
In layman’s terms this is what is used to apply for a court date. It can be on two different basis – either on consent or in default of defence / appearance.
This is the document signed by the Respondent whereby they consent to the Divorce.
The Respondent, on receipt of the Family Law Civil Bill, should file this. In practical terms it is used when they are advising the courts of their legal representative.
If the respondent is unwilling to consent to the divorce they must file a defence and counterclaim. This sets out their reasons as to why they won’t consent to the divorce.
This is sent to the Respondent in the event that they fail to enter an appearance or lodge a defence. It requires them to do so in 14 days otherwise the applicant in the proceedings can apply to have his or her case heard on expiry of the 14 days.
If the applicant wishes to change the basis of the divorce to allow for certain requirements then a Terms of Settlement can be used. For example if the Respondent request a cash payment this might be documented in a Terms of Settlement.
This is an agreement signed by both parties in advance of a divorce. People who do not yet satisfy the 4-year requirement for a divorce will sign a separation agreement. They are normally used where there are children or jointly held property.
This is a court ordered separation that can be obtained by couples when they do not yet satisfy the 4-year rule for divorce. As it is obtained through the courts, a Judicial Separation can carry more weight than a Separation Agreement.
In some instances either party may be requested to ‘vouch’ their Affidavit of Means. This means they must provide documentary evidence to support the Affidavit of Means that they have filed, which could include items such as bank statements or wage slips.
The Applicant and Respondent must complete this in situations whereby they are not able to agree on the terms of the divorce. This will clearly identify the issues that are in dispute.

Contact Us

41 Leinster Park
Harold's Cross, Dublin, D6W CY60

(01) 685-2493

Your message has been sent. Thank you!